Slipping Paps wedge

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:56:18 -0700

This is stranger and stranger, Michael. You're describing problems which my
Papp's mutes have never had. They don't pop out when I play the note. They
don't get thinner or slipperier over time, I haven't had to trim them, they
don't wear down from rusty wire, of which they see a lot, and they've never
broken.

Whatever the change of material was (sometime after 1979) it was a BAD IDEA.

Best, from Oregon at midnight