Fwd: Re: Energy

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:04:14 -0700

>Hello Susan and List
>What's the price of petrol in US? Here in UK it fluctuates around £0.86
>per Litre for Unleaded. Diesel is a bit more.
>Michael G.(UK)

Hi, Michael.

This seems to have come only to me, so I forwarded it to the list. By some
quirk, I've noticed that sometimes if I just click on "reply", the reply
goes to the individual, but not to the list as a whole. I don't know why
the software wants to put the double address -- individual, and also list
-- in the "To:" line. I delete the individual address when replying,
leaving only the pianotech one.

The price of gasoline here fluctuates somewhere between about $2 and $2.60
per gallon. But remember, we don't use Imperial gallons. Some places in the
U.S. have more expensive gas than others. And yes, diesel is a bit more, a
reversal from the 1970's.

In the chat room, I learned that Canadian gas in Calgary just got up to
$.90/litre. (or was it $.99?) This is a double whammy, when it comes to
interpreting the price: Canadian dollars, and litres instead of U.S.
gallons. Who knows what the stuff really costs? More than ours, is my
impression.

Susan