Energy

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 16:05:10 -0400 (EDT)

 I am shopping for a replacement for my 1986 Honda
Civic with 265000 clicks. Serious considering the
Toyota hybrid.

 At 90 cent a litre plus Canadians are paying a lot
more then our friends down south. An Imperial Litre
is 4.5 gallons. That is over $4 per Gallon rounding
downward,hmmm....less a conversion rounded upward.

  I estimate we are seeing $3.80US a gallon. In some
parts on the country more.

  I drove 40,000km last year and paid nearly
$3500 in gas(most of that is TAX.)

  If I cut gas by 50% that is $14,000 over 8 years
at today's prices. With current gas price curve
trends, likely break even in half that time.

   Appears attractive at these gas prices, and at
such high mileage use.

                           Dave Renaud