Energy

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:37:38 -0500

Menard's is now selling 200 watt equivalent bubs now. They are
expensive, but I love them as they give lots of light in my basement.
Even at $9 a bulb it is still much cheaper than putting in an expensive
fixture to give out more light.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Maggie Jusiel
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 8:23 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Energy

Once again, I've missed lots of posts because I just don't take the time
to sift through them all.  I suppose I'll just be a "hit and miss"
poster.
 ;)  I did want to share something about flourescent bulbs, though...

>I found that flouro's don't use more power to start
>than when they are running.

I was very glad to hear this, because these bulbs are the ONLY kind I
can
use in my basement.  When people walk upstairs, regular bulbs will blow
downstairs, and it gets expensive replacing them every day.  The floro's
don't break, even when I have children playing and jumping above them.
If
anyone has problems like this, the flouro's are the answer.  ;)

-mags

Maggie Jusiel
Piano Tuner
Winds & Strings Teacher