Bass String Splice

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:33:43 -0500

Hi Mark,

It strikes me that this is more metal fatuigue due possibly to repeated
impact at the incorrect tension. If you had to take an inch of the copper
winding off to splice, the partials will never sing and the string is dead.
Most strings that break during a tuning/pitch raise occur closer to the
pin...hammer technique and pressure bar/agraffe bearing points loom
important. Patrick is correct, replace the string. In other cases follow his
twist,crimp and CA. The results will be self evident,as well as the
solution.

Hubert Liverman
Opelika,Al