an introduction

Blackstone Piano blackstonepiano@att.net
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:04:02 -0400

My wife told me today that it is proper etiquette to first post an =
introduction when joining an email list, before posting any other =
messages.  My apologies, no disrespect intended.

I am a piano tuner-technician in central Massachusetts, working =
independently.  I learned tuning, etc. from Frank Hanson at New England =
Conservatory, then apprenticed at Steinway Hall in NYC.  I worked at =
Steinway Hall, then the Steinway dealer in Massachusetts, before working =
independently.

One month ago, I went online with a piano tuning tutorial, which I had =
mentioned in my earlier post.  There are as many opinions and methods as =
there are tuners, it seems, so I wanted to make my contribution.  The =
tutorial is free (no tricks or things you need to buy) and features the =
entire tuning on MP3 audio files, the temperament I created, as well as =
in-depth explanations and opinions.  Please feel free to visit the site =
and share any feedback you may have. =20

Thanks,
Colin McCullough
www.blackstonepiano.com/tutorial/tutorial.htm