New Paulello grand

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:27:36 -0400

For a typically hilarious machine semi-translation (a screensaver is a "melt
of screen"?!?), you can use Google's language tool:
http://tinyurl.com/7buee

Phillip, if there are technical details available about his design, that
would be interesting.  It seems to imply that he changed the action as well
as the case?  Is it a new plate as well?

Jocelyn's site is hilarious!  Look what he did with an old player mechanism:
replaced it with an aquarium!  (And the piano still works!  I wonder if the
fish are deaf?)
http://tinyurl.com/d84jw

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Ford" <fordpiano@earthlink.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:58 PM
Subject: New Paulello grand

Early last year I posted a link to the site of Jocelyn Saviard where there
were some pictures of the Paulello demi-queue (demi-grand).  Jocelyn has
informed me that the Paulello piano is now complete and has had its
introduction to the press and introductory concerts.  Stephen Paulello has
a site with a little information:

http://www.stephenpaulello.com/

According to the site there was an introduction to the press, a chamber
music concert, and a piano recital featuring pianist David Lively on June
23 in Paris.  In Stephen's words his piano is intended:

'de rompre avec l'uniformisation qui s'est progressivement impos�e'

to break with the uniformity that has become progressively obligatory

The site says that the piano is going to be at the Europiano congress in
Paris next year.

Also, there is apparently an association called Friends of the Paulello
Piano which you can join for a subscription of 25 euros.  There are two
links at the bottom of the page for pdf files having information about the
association.

I tried without success to find a review of the events.  I did, however,
find this article about Paulello:

http://www.lyonne-republicaine.fr/dossiers/portrait/faitsdiv/20030428.YON_D3416.html

Jocelyn's site has also been changed somewhat since last year and has some
pictures of the piano in progress of construction, a little bit about the
piano, and an excerpt from a discussion with Stephen Paulello.  Some of the
features of the site (such as photo captions) don't seem to work with my
browser.  I think they will work with Explorer.  The page link for the
Paulello info is the center photo on the bottom row on the home
page.  Jocelyn's site is here:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jocelyn.saviard/

Jocelyn also told me that he is going to be interviewing Stephen soon about
the new piano, so check back at his site if you're interested.

All these sites are in French exclusively.  If anyone has an interest in
translation of any of this please e-mail me privately and let me know what
interests you.  If there is enough interest I will attempt to translate
some of this when I have time (unless someone else beats me to it).

Phil Ford