target tensions

Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:56:46 +0100

Hello Dean and List
What are Correx guages? What do they physically look like? How are they =
used?
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dean May=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:00 AM
  Subject: target tensions

  I recall earlier discussions about Yamaha upright spring tensions =
being on the high side (damper, jack, hammer) causing poor touchweight =
and bobbling hammers. I've searched the archives and found some of those =
posts. What I haven't found are target tensions. In other words, what =
should the tensions be set to? I've got a U3 on the bench right now and =
I was wanting to play around with my Correx gages.=20

  =20

  Many thanks,

  =20

  Dean