Fw: Verituner Battery

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:10:12 -0400

And now I tested the battery charge-state with the unit on: 12.8V and =
with the display backlight on high: 12.75V. Seems like that should be =
pretty good. Yes?

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20

Hi John,

I charged my unit overnight - it appeared to charge well - from full =
discharge it was still charging after 1 hour and then 50 minutes later =
when I checked it, it had completed a charge.

I used the VT for about an hour this morning - I installed the latest =
firmware (from 2003) and played around with that a bit to see the new =
spinner, etc. One of the new features is the battery charge-state =
monitor. I pushed the right arrow and kept getting an empty battery =
simbol (no squares in it, which would indicate a high state of charge). =
So I took the back off my VT to check battery charge-state and it is at =
13.03V - which I should think is A-OK for an older battery that was used =
for a good hour or so (there are 10  1.2V cells, so it should really =
only be 12V, but I suppose like a car battery, it is usually a bit more =
when fully charged). But then why does my charge-state indicator suggest =
the battery is dead?

Hmmmm. I guess I'll just use it and see how long it lasts.

Terry Farrell

  Hi Terry,
  Immediately after being unplugged from the charger.    Unloaded =
voltage 14.204VDC
                     Unit on     voltage 14.08VDC
  Hope this helps.
  John M. Ross