Upright Damper Felt

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 19:59:03 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_009F_01C583F7.7D897B90
Just thought some of you might be interested in what Jurgen Goering @ =
Piano Forte Supply has to offer in the area of upright damper felt.

Piano is a 1938 Chickering studio (you've seen 'em - the ones with the =
beautiful fancy cabinets with the top fronts that are almost impossible =
to figure out how to remove).

In the picture below, you can see the treble felt - separate pieces like =
on a grand. Also shown in the five bicord tenor dampers I made from his =
felt and the two types (bicord and monocord) of bass dampers I bought =
from him (close-ups below). (Damn, that's not a rum & coke in that =
cup.....)

Close-up of monocord bass ready-made damper (left), bicord ready-made =
damper (next to left) and five bicord tenor dampers that had to be =
custom made (by me) from felt supplied by Jurgen. (I haven't glued them =
on yet because I haven't gone back to the piano yet - next Monday.)

Close-up of the plain-wire dampers in the area of the tenor/treble =
break.

I'll report back on how they perform. They sure look good!

High resolution images are available upon request.

I think it is a pretty cool idea. A little extra work, but not too bad. =
Let's see how they perform (I expect good things).

Hey, check out them hammers - nothing a vigorous attack with 60-grit =
couldn't straighten out!

Terry Farrell

------=_NextPart_001_009F_01C583F7.7D897B90
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...