Spinets and Hearing Aids

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:54:15 -0500

Well, first, let's be honest: EVERYBODY hears "Buzzes", "Twangs", and
"Noises" from 1960's vintage Wurlitzer Spinets. This makes your client
bang-on normal. If you, your tuner friend, and your wife can NOT here these
noises, it is possible that you three all need hearing aids.

Second (let me yank my tongue out of my cheek), I think all you can do is
be honest and tell them you can't hear the noises, or are not certain what
they are hearing. Have you tried playing up and down the scale at varying
dynamics, then play fifths, fourths, maybe sixths and thirds until they say
"There! That's it!"

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri