Steinway quality control problems---a possible solution !

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:37:24 -0700

At 07:26 AM 7/10/2005, "Sarah Fox" <sarah@graphic-fusion.com> wrote:

>Hi Thump,
>
>I think you wouldn't be courting legal troubles if you include all the
>manufacturers, or at least the major ones, in your service problems list.

There is some precedent here. Larry Fine has been publishing critical
information about pianos for years in his Piano Book. As far as I know, the
only threat of a lawsuit he ever received was from Baldwin (over his 2nd
edition -1990) which prompted him to leave out a full review of Baldwin and
Wurlitzer in that edition - but he included an insert to the effect that
information was left out due to the threat of a lawsuit, and a brief
review. Larry Fine is doing just fine. Baldwin isn't... (I'm not suggesting
a direct connection...)

Israel Stein