Weather or not. OT

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:57:08 -0500

It's not a pleasant thought, but the truth is that a cat 4 storm would
utterly destroy New Orleans. The French Quarter would be a memory—just
thousands of beignets and aligators-on-a-stick floating miles out to sea.
Many, many graves would be washed out. All highways in and out would be
unusable ... I don't know how you guys live with that kind of Sword of
Damocles floating o'erhead. If you ever are in the projected path of one of
these monsters, don't dawdle!

Of course, I sit here in "tornado alley" where death and destruction can
hit suddenly and sometimes with no warnings at all. And we don't even think
about the fact that we sit on top of one of the most dangerous and
destructive earthquake faults in the world.

Seriously for all of you "down south," we'll be praying for you. Hang in.

If you need me, I'll be hiding under the bed ...

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri