C. Bechstein

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:26:46 +0100

Hello Joe and List
I have several Broadwood uprights on my rounds which have agraffes on =
the bridge as well as at the tuning-pin end. They're horrible.
Regards from Sunny Sussex.
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 4:20 AM
  Subject: Re: C. Bechstein

  Cy asked: "Silly question: why is the capo better than agraffes up =
top?"

  Cy,=20
  IMO, the brass is too soft of a termination point. It tends to bleed =
through, into the tail and bitter ends too much and makes for a really =
"airy" tone. I've tried all kinds of things to make that area better, =
but to no avail. What's really weird, is that from a distance, that area =
sounds just fine! Go figgger!

  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I