photo size

Ernie pianolist@golnik.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:38:27 -0400

OK, I'll bite.

I'm new here and haven't posted any photos yet, so I'll ask for the benefit
of the guilty and the innocent:

What ARE the rules/procedures for posting photos?

Observation: Complaints about people not using the proper procedures for
pictures seem fairly common, but no one who complains ever seems to say what
the correct procedures are, or where to locate them. I don't see it in the
FAQs or on the PTG ListInfo page, either. It may not be a case of people
thinking "the rules are not for them," but just that we didn't know there
was a rule. You were all newbies here once, too.

The PTG site and FAQs of course don't seem to list any procedure for photos,
at least not that I've seen. Or perhaps I overlooked it... So perhaps
someone could post the rules here, and put it in the FAQs and on the PTG
list page, too?

While we're sort of on the topic; every month there is an listpost that goes
out about the "live chat." The directions for that are wrong as well every
month (and on the PTG site). There isn't a
http://houston.tx.us.starlink-irc.org/  server anymore, and apparently
hasn't been for some time. The chat would probably be used more if people
could actually get into it.

-ernie