Kranich and Bach Upright

WAYNE WILLIAMS wwilliams11@nycap.rr.com
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:11:10 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_M21ILVC0000000000000
Dear Alan,=0D
I am going down to work on that K and H piano tomorrow. It will refresh m=
mind about how it is built. All I know is that the shop teacher at the
school I teach at and I made the two action parts I could not buy anywher=
e I
know of. The damper wire fits right into the back of the lever, so we had=
hollow it out so that I could reassemble it back onto the piano. I will k=
eep
you inform on more specific as I work on the pinao.=0D
=0D
Thanks.=0D
=0D
Wayne=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: tune4u@earthlink.net; Pianotech=0D
Date: 07/11/05 19:53:21=0D
To: Pianotech=0D
Subject: Re: Kranich and Bach Upright=0D
 =0D
Does the action have an additional rail with flanges attached to the end =
of
each key by a piece of thin red action cloth? If so, the top part of the
action lifts right off that. then you have to slide the "extra" rail forw=
ard
to unlock it from the action supports on either end. If you need to actua=
lly
remove that rail and flanges, or get the keys out, you need to loosen the
small brass screw at the end of each key JUST A LITTLE and slip the
connecting action cloth out from under the little brass flange thingy tha=
t's
holding it. And you have to do that 88 times. Putting it back is just the
opposite. I suppose one could remove all the keys and the rail as one
assembly but putting it all back is nightmarish. It's just a fussy little
extra set of steps to unhook them and rehook them later, but it really do=
esn
t take too long.=0D
 =0D
I can't visualize what you're saying about the dampers. Please describe m=
ore
or shoot a picture.=0D
 =0D
Alan Barnard=0D