Tool for removing/installing capstans

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:10:09 -0700

Ron N said: "Of course you would, Joe. <G> I just find it easier to make =
one when=20
I need it, than to find the one I made last time. I expect you've=20
had trouble keeping the tool in the capstan while turning it, no?=20
Turning the hook around to point back at your hand lets the weight=20
(mass) of your arm as you crank, keep the hook in the capstan. You=20
don't have to even pay attention.

Ron N

I suspect you been peeking over my shoulder!<G> The only way I can keep =
track of the one I have, is to put it in the parts drawer WITH the =
capstans! I do like yer philosophy, in this regard.<G> The principle, as =
you describe, is persactly why I said I'd do it like you made yers! I =
don't have time to be "paying attention" to such trivia. However, on my =
pay scale, that's about all I can afford to "pay".<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I