"consumer's guide" for prospective piano buyers

David Nereson dnereson@4dv.net
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:25:32 -0600

Sarah Fox wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Yes, I had checked that one out of the library a few times, long ago,
> when I was in the market.  I guess I failed to notice the
> quality/service comparisons on new and newish models, as I was totally
> in a different market.  It was a very, very helpful book indeed, and I
> learned a lot about evaluating prospective pianos from it.  :-)
>
> There's no sense in reinventing the wheel, of course!  How up-to-date
> is this book?  How often is it revised?  Frequently enough to keep up
> with the ever-changing imports market?
>
> Peace,
> Sarah

    Yes, there's an update every couple years or so.  I have the
2003-2004 supplement, which has industry developments, changes in
manufacturers (buyouts, mergers, etc.), and updated prices.  See
www.pianobook.com or email info@pianobook.com.
    --David Nereson, RPT