[CAUT] Tool for removing capstans

David Nereson dnereson@4dv.net
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:31:06 -0600

Ron Nossaman wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Anyone have a nifty tool for quickly removing capstans?
>>
>> Alan
>

> Try this.
>
> Ron N

 Yes.  I made a similar tool, from coathanger wire, I believe, but with
a much, much shorter horizontal length after it curves up out of the
capstan hole.  I can chuck it in a drill which makes the job quick.
It's shaped like an upside-down question mark, but instead of being
curved at the top of the crook (bottom of the crook when it's in working
position), it's straight, to poke through the hole in the capstan.  Make
sure the vertical part that chucks in the drill is in the same axis as
the screw part of the capstan or it'll wobble too much.
    --David Nereson, RPT