Follow-up: Mysterious unsolvable Yamaha double-striking uprights

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:55:01 -0700

At 01:01 PM 7/13/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>When you think about it, it really is occurring during a slow movement
>that is "outside of normal playing conditions."
>
>-- Geoff

My answer to that is -- play a slow movement on the piano. If it is happening
as I'm playing music, (or when my customer is playing music) then I find it
quite
unacceptable, even though it can be a very stubborn problem to deal with.

Interesting that David didn't mention checking the hammer center pinning,
which is
what I would check first. Thanks to this thread, I will now check the
damper spring
tension as well.

Susan