room climate control

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:01:54 -0400

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Cy Shuster=20

- Room dehumidifiers use a huge amount of electricity (they're actually =
air conditioners);

About 600 watts.

- They need to be emptied when full of water, otherwise they shut off;

Yup. Not that big a deal though - once the room is dried out, it is =
common to go for days without needing to empty. Or you can plumb the =
unit to a drain.

- They're noisy (hard for recording or even practice);

Not if you get a quiet one.

- They don't hold the RH to +/- 4% like the Dampp-Chasers do.

Unless, of course, you get one that does. I agree that most have useless =
humidistats. I have found the Sears dehumidifier with electronic =
humidistat to work very well.

Terry Farrell