Bookkeeping Programs

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:04:13 -0500

Avery,

You can pick up a copy of ACT! for about $150 at Sam's. It will do all
that and sync with your PDA.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Avery Todd
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 11:36 AM
To: pianotech
Subject: Bookkeeping Programs

List,

I know this has been "hashed" many times, but I can't figure out a
search term to look
it up in the archives. If anyone knows a term I can use, please feel
free to post it.

What I need is a program where I can keep a record of all my
customers, business
expenses, etc. and be able to print out the different categories to
total everything
before I take it all to my CPA. Something where I can put in customer
& piano info,
service dates, work done. Another database to put in expenses like
vehicle, contract
labor, parts purchased, etc.

I know there are programs like Quick Books, Quicken, PageMaker Pro,
etc. but they all
seem fairly expensive. I had a shareware type program on my OLD, OLD,
pre-Windows
computer that was completely customizable as to size of fields, names
of fields, etc.
That one is no longer usable, so I've got to find something else. If
I have to spend
that much money, I will but thought I'd check with you guys/gals
first. Thanks.

Avery Todd