Bookkeeping Programs

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:59:04 -0700

Avery:
	I've been using Quickbooks for years.  It's not that expensive, less than
$100.00 for the Pro version.  You can keep track of all expenses and
inventory, time on the job, and lots more.  I've given up on the
"wannabees", those programs that "do the same thing" but are less well
supported.  Most accountants use or are familiar with Quickbooks, and can
help you do the setup.
	I use a Palm Pilot and scheduling software, which is bulletproof, and a
Palm IIIxe (8megs memory) is around $75.00 or less.  You don't need an
expensive Palm PDA to do your scheduling.  I do have to enter the customer
info in each program, though there are programs for the palm that will help
share the info.  I'd prefer to keep the programs separate and let each one
do what it does best.  Trying to integrate everything in one program is
cumbersome, and usually results in various snags that waste your time.  I
used to use a database program that was customizable, but I wasted a lot of
time getting it to work.
	FWIW,
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego