Canadian concert grands

Wayne Walker wayne.w@musicstop.com
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:42:39 -0300

Hello all,
I tuned a Heintzman 9 footer at the King's Theatre in Annapolis Royal, Nova
Scotia about 2 years ago. Someone had replaced the hammers and did a poor
job. I heard bigger sound coming from apartment size pianos than this grand.
The piano was later sold and John Ross replaced the hammers with the proper
type and adjusted the strike point. I haven't heard the piano since but John
said it sounds like a 9 footer.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner & Technician
MUSICSTOP LTD
1005 Dow Rd, New Minas, NS
B4N 3R4
Cell 902-221-1540
Fax 902-681-1463
wayne.w@musicstop.com <mailto:wayne.w@musicstop.com>
www.musicstop.com <http://www.musicstop.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gamble [mailto:michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:03 AM
To: staytuned@idirect.com; pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Canadian concert grands

Hello John & List
I don't know of any 9'ers but I do care for a Heintzman 6'11" No.81385 Model
G "semi-grand" with Sostenuto and with an agraffed bridge to the top two
breaks - patented Mar 10 1896. Seems they, like S&S, were greatly given to
publishing their patents in bass-relief on the frame. I wish there were more
of these splendid pianos in the UK.
Regards from a warm and sunny Sussex Village
Michael G.(UK)