room climate control

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Terry,

I don't believe Jurgen's data of 60% plus year round
given the location he lives in. Partial DC systems are
very pricey, so why not give the client the *best* and
then when they move (about every five years on average
in Canada) they will be protected in the new location.

I also believe that the full system will lead to few
tunings for the client--so that more time can be spent
on regulation and other issues.

At 06:57 AM 7/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>If the RH is always above 60%, why would you want to
install a humidifier?
charset=iso-8859-1; reply-type=response

>Terry Farrell
>

>> Hi Jurgen,
>>
>> Put in a full system (H-4 wet humidistat,
humidifier with smart heater
>> bar, 2 or 3 dehumidifiers) and make sure you get
the "wet" humidistat and
>> use a full undercover and I think you will be
pleased with the results.

>> I have a client with a house that is always at
least 70% RH, and sometimes
>> 80% RH, and their grand piano finally settled down
after a full DC system
>> and lots of tuning.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> David A. Vanderhoofven
>> Joplin, MO
>>
>> At 05:01 PM 7/13/2005, you wrote:
>>
>>>I have a client with a 7' Kawai grand in a basement
studio.  The Relative
>>>Humidity  is always on the high side (60%).  I
urged him to monitor the
>>>humidity with an electronic hygrometer and to get a
dehumidifier.

>>>Jurgen Goering

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7