Piano Design Question

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:48:14 -0400

At least this way notes of a similar pitch (on different bridges) connect to
the soundboard fairly close to each other, unlike that strange spinet of
Terry's, or even a typical grand, where the lowest tenor is near the lowest
bass.

--Cy--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stéphane Collin" <collin.s@skynet.be>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:46 AM
Subject: Re: Piano Design Question

Hello Del, Stephen, list.

This thread makes me remember an old Blüthner that I ran across, years ago.
It had some crossed strings, but not at all in the way we are used to see :
the few (4 or 5) highest bass unissons were hardly crossing over the few (4
or 5) lowest tenor ones.  Today no more than then can I understand the
purpose of this arrangement.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.