Faulk Hammer 4 Sale

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:12:34 -0500

The Faulk hammers have a short and thick enough titanium shaft that it didn't "feel" very flexible. It is light and comfortable for most pianos. I will say, however, that for very tight blocks (Baldwin, etc.) I tended to switch to another hammer, heavier  & longer—especially in the treble. I don't know if it was a "flexible" issue or just because it felt better and gave me more control to have more weight and power in my hand. I even extend my hammer an inch or two on some of the really tight blocks.

Hope it helps. For general work, the Faulk is everything folks are saying about it.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Avery Todd
To: Pianotech
Sent: 07/18/2005 6:47:05 PM
Subject: Re: Faulk Hammer 4 Sale

Alan/David/List,

I've been told that Titanium is fairly flexible. Is this not true? Just wondering.

Avery

At 09:38 PM 7/12/05, you wrote:

I recently bought one of Charles' beautiful custom made very light titanium tuning hammers. I had lost my trusty and comfortably worn Jahn hammer. Well ... I found it (I think my grandson had squirreled it away) so I'm selling the Faulk It was a special "patriotic" hammer he made from Stratobond with the woods tinted red, white, and blue. It's really quite a beautiful work of art. You can get info on Charles' hammers and tools at http://www.faulkpiano.com/

Alan Barnard

Salem, Missouri

To all---I want to take this opportunity to sing the praises of my Charles Faulk tuning lever: 11 inches long, 15-degree head.  It’s without question the best, easiest, most

precise lever I’ve ever tuned with.  You can’t really grasp how good the light weight or the ball-type handle design is to your body....it’s worth every single penny I paid for it, and Charles, you’d better get ready to raise your prices on those bad boys, because you have a winner.  Congratulations and thanks you so much.

David Andersen

Malibu, CA