Searching the archives..

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:58:28 -0400

Hello all.

I will ask you if you need to search the archives for the foreseeable
future to please use Google. Google seems to work fairly well for
finding things in the archives.

The reason for the search function being turned off at the PTG server is
because when someone searched the archives, the server, for some unknown
reason as of yet, would hang up. At that point you were not able to
reach www.ptg.org, all mail coming into the server ceased to flow out, etc.

So I will ask the members of this list, until further notice, to please
use Google as your ptg search engine.

I am speaking on the behalf of the entire Electronics Communications
Committee because I am the Admin on duty this week. I can tell you that
the problem is being worked on, and we are hopeful for a speedy
resolution to the problem.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone.

-Phil, admin for the week