Whitney Woes

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

One of the most accursed "pianos" I ever "tuned" was a
Whitney with PHILLIPS_HEADED MASONRY SCREWS, 3" LONG
holding the action in, instead of sensible posts! Took
an hour to turn them out !!!!!!!
     And look very closely at that bunch of "medals"
on the inside of the lid ...... Columbus has the face
of a wombat, and right next to him is a  pair of FAT,
NEKKID PEOPLE doing the "boogaloo" !
     Makes me wonder if moral terpitude is somehow
conducive to crummy piano building .......

     Thump

     P.S. I think "Mezzo-Thermoneal Stabilizer" is
Latin for " Guaranteed to sound when new exactly as it
would after a nuclear holocaust!"