Strip or Not?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:06:42 -0700

I believe Michael said "temporary fix" with the coat hanger.  =
 LET"S RUMBLE

David I.

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Strip or Not?

Michael,
All this "hoity toity" blowhard stuff about using a temperament=
 strip or just a few mutes is somewhat like the  arrogant=
 fallderall that we used to hear from "tuners" when they were=
 railing against ETDs! Same Crap, IMHO!
THEN.....sigh....you turn right around and say that you replace=
 hinge pins with coat hanger wire! Yikes! Why not hair pins or=
 paper clips or baling wire or some other "Slock" fix.
My question is this: Are you a "high end" Technician or not. As=
 it appears you are not, even though you would like us to believe=
 you are. I chose to believe you are, but I'm having a real hard=
 time accepting it, at this point. You either are or are not. Ya=
 can't have it both ways, IMO.
I'm not trying to start a fight here, but your comments will=
 carry some level of credance with some of those who are looking=
 for "Proper" guidance in this industry. The Coat Hanger thingee=
 is, IMO, a last ditch effort or at least a Temporary one and=
 should be presented as such.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police