Steinway D 1923....

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:25:10 -0700

Pascal,

For S&S, this type of attachment is generally found only on Hamburgs.  It
also appears on some other European instruments.  If yours is a New York,
it might have been specially fitted with this system if it was going to be
moved around much.  It looks to be original, so I suspect that this might
be the case.

Best regards.

Horace