Stretching the Treble

John Fortiner JLFortiner@usadig.com
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:09:43 -0600

Not bad Jon.  I've followed up on S&S D's where C8 has been stretched 125c.
(C#7 to C8 made a pretty good octave. )  :-(
Normally it (C8) ends up around 35c stretched when I work with my etd and my
ear. (Opposite order of course.)

John Fortiner

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Page [mailto:jonpage@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:55 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Stretching the Treble

I've been tuning pianners for 30+ years and the last 3 with the assistance
of the Verituner 100.
I have tweaked the style setting to stretch the octaves in a manner which
emulates my aural tuning style.

I have noticed that C8 is usually stretched to about +36c (less than what I
was setting aurally, which was too high - broken strings).

Where do others end up?  I followed another tuner on a rental D recently and
C8 was +60c, way too sharp for my taste.
--

Regards,

Jon Page