Abatron epoxy putty/and ETD's

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:03:28 -0700

No problem.  Can't take all the credit.  Learned about the stuff from =
David
(you balance my action and I'll balance yours) Stanwood.  He posted on =
the
list awhile back about using the stuff to fill empty key lead holes and
maybe capstan holes when relocating. =20

=20

BTW  I can't imagine tuning the number of pianos I do without an ETD, =
both
in terms of wear and tear (hands, arms, brain, ears) and predictable =
speed;
and I tuned aurally for many years before I finally bought one.   Of =
course
you should know how to tune aurally, but unless you're frightfully lazy, =
an
ETD can help you there as well with verification.  If I tuned all
beautifully clean and nicely rendering pianos. nah, not even then.  But =
labor over some less then lovely PSO (or is that POS) where the only
satisfaction is in finishing, can't see it.  Doesn't hurt in pulling in
those sometimes difficult to hear notes at the very top of the register
either, especially when dink, dink, dink, sounds more like clack, clack,
clack.  Not a bad idea to verify the ETD with your ears either.  An =
ETD's
perfectly calculated scale doesn't always work so perfectly.  Unisons, =
of
course, must generally be done aurally anyway, except maybe in the upper
end. =20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20