S&S action question

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:37:24 -0700

Yes.  17mm may just solve all your problems.  Remove a hammer from the mid
section and sample a 17mm shank.  Going from 15mm to 17mm will reduce the
weight by 10 grams easily.  There may be more to do, but I would start
there.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Phil Bondi
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:20 PM
To: Newtonville
Subject: S&S action question

I have been asked to get this action to feel lighter. Right now it feels
like a Mack Truck. I have not measured DW yet, but it feels like mid
60's to me.

-there is only 15mil from knuckle to bushing. I measured it 3 different
times getting the same result.

-Hammers, shanks, knuckles, and whippens have all been replaced, but I
think I'm fighting an uphill battle without replacing those shanks.

Your thoughts?

-Phil Bondi(Fl)