from a neat freak

Geoff Sykes ivories.52@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:40:56 -0700

Sears also sells a powerful little wet-dry shop-vac for about the same =
price
or less. The one I have is about 12" diameter by about 12" tall. =
Designed to
be both a blower and a sucker. Comes with the flat skinny attachment to =
suck
up the dust in and around the soundboard and could blow the damper felts =
off
an upright if your not careful.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Allen Wright
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:10 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: from a neat freak

In perusing my Sears tool catalogue, I noticed a couple of lightweight =
(5 or
7 lbs.) 120 volt portable air compressors for only $40 - $50. Have any =
of
you used something like this to clean clients pianos? I know it would be =
bit messy, but it sure would be easier than using the under-the-strings
squegee-like tools I have.  If the client has a vacuum and wouldn't mind =
little dust and junk to clean up around the piano, it seems like it =
might be
a good approach. Unless it's on a spotless new carpet, I suppose - then
you'd probably have to get involved in spreading ground cloths around! =
Well,
maybe it would depend on the situation and environment. I've certainly =
been
in houses where doing this would hardly affect the overall cleanliness
level!

I've often wished I could blow an action out on the spot - one could =
even
take it outside to do it if it was really nasty.

Any feedback or opinions?

Sincerely,

Allen Wright, RPT
Cincinnati, Ohio=20