from a neat freak

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:40:40 -0400

One other point I thought I'd mention in regards to cleaning the plate.

It seems that the longer the fine dust layer stays on the plate, the
more it bonds to it.
So when attempting to clean the plate with a liquid cleaner be
careful.  You can get
the struts and large, open areas clean but the marginally accessible areas
(tuning pin field, under rear duplex) require a lot more attention.

So be mindful of the overall patina of the plate. it is better to
have the plate uniformly
dingy than two-tone. A dry or lightly damp rag will remove dust
without removing that
'protective film'.
--

Regards,