voicing Wurzen hammers

Mark Potter bases-loaded76@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings -

I have installed my first set of Wurzen hammers - from Ray - and am quite pleased with the results.  I have read numerous posts indicating that in most cases little or no voicing is required except for doping the extreme high treble, but in this case - an M & H "B" - I find that the tenor and low treble need opened up a fair amount. Knowing that there is inherently something different about the way this felt is formed I thought it prudent to check with those experienced in voicing these hammers if traditional voicing techniques apply.

Anything uniquely specific about voicing this felt?

Thanks!

Mark Potter