voicing Wurzen hammers

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:59:29 -0400

I guess we'll have to wait to hear from Ric, but when I read his post, I
envisioned 20-40 stabs. Period. Meaning that maybe 1/3 of the hammers would
get one or two stabs.

Ric?

Terry Farrell

I've hung 5 sets of Ronsen Wurzen's this summer.  None needed any needling.
The top half octave could have been treated a little but since they all were
in practice rooms (5'10" pianos in 5'11" rooms!) I didn't do any treating.

If I get any hammers that need 20 to 40 stabs I'll have to retire.  I don't
think my hands would do that.  They're getting old!

David M. Porritt, RPT

Well, I ordered them from Ray @ Ronsen, and specified Wurzen when sending in
the samples.  I would guess this would make them Ronsen Wurzen?  I sure
wasn't thinking along the lines of 20-40 stabs per shoulder, though, with 3
needles in the voicing tool....  I really don't think I'm THAT far off, but
we will see, I guess.
Mark