Soundboard Lumber

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:13:29 EDT

Paul
   In the S.F. bay area Macbeaths specialty lumber  carries some very nice
material. I think they would ship you some. There  selectionwas good. I know I
picked thru the whole pile & selected quite a  nice lot some months ago & they
were about to order more. However I think  you'd be better off ordering from
Rick wheeler at Roseland in Oregon or. Well,  how much do you need I may have
enough to let go of enough for a board or two.  Mine is tight grain & it will
need to be resawed. I've already planed it so  I can color match the panel.
   It ain't cheap. Oh well
   Dale Erwin

Hello  list and particularly soundboard gurus,

I've been trying for sometime  now to find a supplier of quarter sawn
spruce lumber for building  soundboards that will ship in relatively
small quantities( UPS or FedEx  size), but with little success.

Those of you that are building your own  boards from scratch, who are you
buying your raw material  from?

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall  University