Voicing Wurzen Hammers

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:41:50 -0700

RicB said: "As to Ronsens Wurzens and just how much they need.... Well,  =
Dale E is=20
the fellow I lend my ear to most on the subject, and if he says they=20
dont need as much as the ones I am getting then I believe him.  He and I =

are working on a little cross the seas project on that point and I look=20
very much forward to being able to share results with you all when the=20
time comes"

Ric,
I rather suspect that the hammers you are working with have been =
pressed/heated more than that that Ray does. I've found, (2 sets---one =
my own--one another techs), that Ray's Hammers need a little hardening =
on Notes #1, 2, 3 & maybe 4. Then, a similar hardening one all notes =
from F7 up, (sometimes F# up). The rest, I've found to "Play In" very =
quickly to a very sweet sound that needs a little smoothing only. FWIW, =
that is what I've experienced.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police