Isn't the verdigris in bushings caused by copper-content in the old pins ?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:31:17 -0700 (PDT)

I don't understand this statement. Don. Sorry.
Verdigris is a copper compound, as far as I know. I
presumed that it was from copper used in the plating
of the pins ( under the nickle ) that  reacted to
something in the elt to cause the oxidation.
     Yes, brake-part cleaner works well to
blast/dissolkve verdigris out of bushings. But unless
non-copper containing varieties are used to replace
the pins, one can assume it will; return. At least
that is my assumption.
   Sarahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Heeeeeeeelp!!!!
     Thump