Yamaha U3

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:47:22 -0500

I am just finishing up a U3 that I put a new set of Arledge strings on
(Jolly Loops). I also reduced the damper spring tension as I have
already posted previously. The piano plays and sounds wonderfully, that
is until you put on the bottom and top panels. The panels are very heavy
and very close fitting. There is no place for sound to come out. It is
possible to prop open the lid, but it still does not give the full
volume of sound.

Anybody else notice this? Anybody have any creative solutions? The only
thing I could come up with is cutting some openings in the front panel
and put on some kind of exotic wood fretwork with speaker cloth backing.
It has a polished ebony finish.

Thanks in advance.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359