Shop made pinblock

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:35:23 +0100

------=_NextPart_001_00B1_01C5954E.97A492E0
May I pull your leg about this? OK. So when you got to slide the action =
back in... it didn't fit under the new thicker block...
G.r.r.r. :-)
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: files@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 3:19 PM
  Subject: Shop made pinblock

  ??? This has been?fun project for Dennis & I. ?The 1890's Stwy C in =
process for Dave Andersen had an unusually?thick block. Thicker than =
standard supply house stock. This one is?1 &?11/16th"s thick. Normal or =
usual being about about 1 & 1/2'. I had a?large supply?of good maple =
around from scavanging uprights etc & found a good use for it here.? The =
average old Steinway had 3 thick laminations & a 1/8th" thin one top & =
bottom.=20
  ?? The one we made below has 4 quarter cut Maple plys? oriented in the =
same fashion as the Bolduc blocks except for the thick bottom piece =
which, will never even taste the end of the pin. The top 5mm cap is cut =
from delignit & aids the resistance to flagpoling. Also the block is =
still oversized & the bottom Lam. will be shaved another 2 or 3 mm to =
final dimension. The whloe thing glued together with Elmers glue =
all..... .................gotcha!!!? Not?!? Bolduc wood glue.
  ? Works great
  ?? Dale Erwin

  ???=20

  Erwins Pianos Restorations=20