RPT test

Dave McKibben davespianotuning@earthlink.net
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:56:40 -0700

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I had heard it was 1 year.
Cheeers

To: davespianotuning@earthlink.net;pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 7/30/2005 1:07:32 PM
Subject: Re: RPT test

Dave,
             "Upon completion of the third exam, any exam that was passed more than four years prior to that last exam and is no longer current, must be retaken." (ART III, Sec B, 3.)
        The exam committee is continuously monitoring the whole process. Exams are occasionally updated with the approval of the Council. Usually, an exam is current for several years. The effective dates are published in your by-law supplement. Watch for the new one as they just updated the tech test with some nice improvements.
       So, finish in four years and you're done. More than four years and the versions of the test(s) you passed (more than four years ago only) will be checked to see if they are still current and those might have to be retaken.
      This has been the procedure for years. (Really!)
Is there a maximum time window for completing all three tests in the RPT exam? Not really, under the by-law there is no maximum time limit for reclassifying. Good Luck with your exams!
Michael Gutowski
Chicago
I have heard mixed comments on this question and would like to clear it up in my mind.
I think I'm doing fairly well for the written and repair / regulation aspect, but the aural tuning part is ' slow going ' for me at this point.
Not sure if I should take the first two, if I'm not ready for the third.

Thanks in advance

Dave McKibben
Piano Tuning & Repair 858-776-2516
davespianotuning@earthlink.net