RPT Exam deadlines and other rules

Israel Stein custos3@comcast.net
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:32:32 -0700

At 12:14 PM 7/30/2005, Avery Todd <avery1@houston.rr.com>
  wrote:
>Message: 2
>
>I don't understand. If you'd already passed a test, why would that
>be invalid?
>That shouldn't happen!!!!! No matter what they rewrote?????
>
>Avery

OK, folks, pay attention, because this is directly from the most
current version of the PTG by-laws (Regulations, Article III, Section
II paragraph 3):

"Upon completion of the third exam, any exam that was passed more
than four years prior to that last exam and is no longer current must
be retaken".

In plain English that means that you have 4 years from the date you
passed the Written Test to complete all your exams without any
complications. That is, as long as you complete all the exams within
the 4 years, it makes no difference whether or not there is a new
version out - you can be reclassified to RPT.  If you take longer
than 4 years to complete all your exams, then the "current exam" rule
kicks in. If the exam you took prior to the four year period is still
current - you don't have to retake it. If, however, there is a new
version of that exam, then you have to retake it. The current versions are:

Written: 10/17/03
Technical: 6/1/05
Tuning: 1/1/98

I hope this is clear...