Michael Gamble's Steinway Back Action

Warren Fisher fishwar@bellsouth.net
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:18:58 -0500

Michael,
What about metal polish? It would just remove the dirt and corrosion and not the plating.  I would use alcohol afterwards to remove the traces.
Warren

Warren Fisher- RPT
Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana
98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake, ATF, EGT, and Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. tranny cooler, 4" exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.
02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls, Friendship 2000 invrtr,
four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Gamble
To: Joe Garrett;pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 7/31/2005 4:51:11 AM
Subject: Re: Michael Gamble's Steinway Back Action

Yes, Joe. I got the same message from Andre - about the sand-paper, that is. However the original question turned out to be quite academic since I find the centres quite free and clean so I'll just go over them with Protek CLP as Andre suggests and hope for another 90 years trouble-free use! It'll probably see even me out!
Any bright ideas about cleaning and polishing up the damper wires? Steel wool (0000)?
Regards from a cloudy but promising Sunday morning in that Downland village.
Michael G.(UK)