RPT Tests, An Observation

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:29:03 -0700

Alan Barnard said: "I notice every month in the journal there are many =
more "new members" than there are "new RPTs".  It seems like, over time, =
the numbers ought to be almost the same, discounting only non-tuning =
members. I have my theories. There were quite a few who took exams in =
Kansas City, but are not now RPT's. Are we undermotivated? =
Underprepared?=20

Your thoughts?

One other thing: Some regions have pretty good accomodation for people =
who want to take exams. Others, it seems, have very limited numbers of =
opportunities--few CTEs and TECs, few willing mentors, perhaps, or =
people willing to set up and run exams.

I don't want to make it "easy" to become an RPT, but if there are =
barriers having nothing to do with the talent, knowledge and interest of =
Associate members, they need to be removed, methinks."

Alan,
It has thus, forever. I've been of the same mind in this regard. I wish =
there were a way to "motivate" RPTs to get more involved with the =
"process". Personally, I mentor as much as is possible. But, I'm just =
one RPT, can't do 'em all. This should be a topic at ALL Chapter =
Meetings. Hmmm? Perhaps some kind of incentive program for those who =
mentor?
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police