FW: Valdesta digital--update

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:47:16 -0500

      Brian P. Doepke
      A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Doepke [mailto:doepkeb@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:29 PM
To: 'selahpiano@bellsouth.net'; 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Valdesta digital--update

In case any of you get a call about a similar situation....there were no
sympathetic vibrations.  I removed the top by unscrewing the screws in
the back.  The lid slides forward in order to remove it.

The cause of the strange sound was the cable of cords leading from
inside the keyboard, where the various sound buttons are, to the main
processing unit.  The bundle had become loose and drooped far enough to
be struck by the middle E,F and G; causing the "clicking" sound.  I
adjusted the cable tie so that the "sway" was not as severe and allowed
for clearance of the back of the "key" during the playing process.

And......there 'ya have it.

      Brian P. Doepke
      A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc