The Future has arrived

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:05:02 -0400

Oh man, I did that with a Startac cell phone last year!

....cue the harp sound...

...That day my wife had complained of a strange sound coming from the van...
( She often used to recommend that I check "the spark plug"...anytime there
was a noise in her car. )
I normally would find a husbandly way of dismissing these things, but this
time I decided to take it straight to the car dealer.
Perhaps, this would gain me some points in the ongoing husband/wife point
system.

While at the dealer, she called to say she might have left a pot on the
stove.
No problem, I was on the way back home by way of the courtesy car, while
they worked on my van.  More points.

As I waived to the departing driver...I realized that my house keys were
attached to the car keys back at the dealer.
House was locked.  I looked through the back windows, and sure enough, the
kitchen was billowing smoke from a pot on the stove.
I managed to break in through the garage window, got upstairs, and luckily
there was only smoke, not a fire yet.
Took the offending pot outside, hosed it down, and opened all the house
windows.

Having drank most of the car dealer's coffee, I decided to visit the
restroom.....
The next two sounds were a sigh of relief...and 'bloop!'....my Startac
taking a dive into the toilet.
Well, there was a third sound too, as I exclaimed...."%&*!@#"

Five minutes later, the dealer called to say that there was nothing wrong
with the van, but they couldn't reach me on cell phone.
At that point, I thought I would just cancel any appointments for the day,
and avoid all sharp objects for at least 24 hours.

This time, I bought the insurance they offer, just in case something happens
to my phone. Hey, wanna buy an excellent iPAQ 5555 ???
Best regards,
Brad Smith, RPT
www.smithpiano.com