Yamaha GH-1 tuning stability

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:00:50

Hi Diane,

For "high" friction pianos modify your technique and tune only *up* to
pitch. It's quite limiting in some ways and takes longer, but on those high
friction designs with old knarly wire it works quite well.

The GH-1 is not ever going to be stable or pretty. Adding a humidity
control system with bottom cover will help--but then that helps any piano
really.

The "search" has fallen over again I guess. You can google it however.

Look here:

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/2001-May/086118.html

Then click on subject and scroll down to "Scaling problem" items. Click on
them and read to your hearts content.

At 11:31 PM 6/1/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>    Then searched for "Yamaha", nothing in the archives about
>Yamaha....................?!    Wire brushed the felt, trying to get under
>the strings, or at least alongside them.     Makes it somewhat easier to
>tune, but have never found a really GREAT solution. Have thought of
>lowering the tension, removing the felt and replacing it with: a brass rod,
>leather, ????????????? Thanks for ideas,
>
>Diane Hofstetter   No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG
>Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.4.0 - Release Date:
>6/1/2005

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7